IMC 2007 offers students the opportunity to apply for travel grants. Please follow these instructions to apply for a travel grant:
1) Required Documents: Send together in a single email to email@example.com: (1) a resume, (2) a short (1 or 2 paragraph) supporting statement, and (3) a letter from your advisor (or a faculty contact if you do not yet have an advisor; this letter can be sent separately if your advisor/contact prefers). If you will be unable to attend IMC without a travel grant, please explain why this is the case.
Note that preference is given to students from institutions not traditionally represented at IMC.
2) Use of Conference Hotel: It is not necessary for a recipient of an IMC student travel grant to stay in the conference hotel, but reimbursement for lodging can only be made to those who stay in the conference hotel.
3) You must be a student at the time of attending IMC 2007 to qualify for a travel grant.
4) September 12, 2007, 11:00 p.m. EDT, is the HARD deadline. Late applications will NOT be considered. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume should be in ASCII, PDF or Postscript only. Supporting statement and advisor's (short) letter should be in ASCII only.
Decision notification will be sent out by September 20, 2007.
5) Stipends are issued by check drawn on a U.S. bank. We will not be able to cash your check at the conference. Please be sure you will be able to make arrangements to cash the check on your own. We suggest you contact your bank for assistance.
6) Please provide complete contact information. We will need to have your current mailing address and, for students at U.S. institutions, your Social Security number, so that if you receive a stipend, your check will reach you in a timely manner. (Please take into account any address changes you may have near the time of the stipend deadline, for example due to school breaks.) You will be notified via email, so make sure your email address is correct on your application.
7) The expectation is that a student travel grant will significantly offset air fare, shared hotel accommodation, and registration. It may not fully cover these expenses, however, since our desire is to maximize participation by students. In order to obtain reimbursement, you must provide IMC with your original receipts for air fare and hotel expenses.