Call for Tutorials
We seek to extend the SIGCOMM experience by tutorials on selected topics given by renowned scientists and practitioners in their fields. We therefore solicit proposals for full-day or half-day tutorials on topics relevant to the SIGCOMM community.
Tutorials must cover advanced topics that fit the scope of SIGCOMM and are of current interest to the SIGCOMM community. Tutorials may be lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. Exploring diverse ways of interacting with the audience is welcome as are cross-disciplinary topics.
Proposals must include:
- a motivation for the tutorial (why this, why now, why at SIGCOMM?)
- an outline of the tutorial content
- the type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on)
- references to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable) including their date, venue, topics and number of participants and the motivation for the new proposal
- requirements for the tutorial room (please note that our capabilities in fulfilling unusual requests are limited)
- requirements for the attendants (e.g., must bring own laptop or other hardware, familiarity with certain technologies or topics, etc.)
- any limitations (e.g., number of participants)
Important tutorial dates
March 31, 2013
Tutorial - notification of acceptance
February 15, 2013
Tutorial proposals due
Tutorials will likely be held in parallel to the workshops, i.e., Monday and/or Friday of the SIGCOMM week.