HotNets 2013 will be held at the Adele H. Stamp Student Union at the University of Maryland.
3100 Stamp Student Union
College Park, Maryland 20742
We will be on the first floor, in the Prince George's room (map).
College Park is well-served by BWI and Reagan National airports. Dulles (in Virginia) is more distant, but close enough.
The workshop hotel is only a short walk away from the workshop venue, but it also provides shuttles on campus and to and from the College Park Metro station. If you choose to stay elsewhere, please take a look at the directions by car or train to the workshop venue.
- The student union. We will be on the first floor, in the Prince George's room.
- Walking directions from the workshop hotel to the student union.
Cheap transportation options (metro train):
- From nearby airports to the College Park Metro Station:
- From BWI, there is a B30 shuttle that runs to Greenbelt Metro Station. From Greenbelt metro, take the metro one stop to College Park.
- From National Airport, take the yellow line train to Mount Vernon Square (downtown), then transfer to the green line toward Greenbelt, exit at College Park.
- From Dulles, the Washington Flyer bus runs to an orange line metro stop. Take the train towards New Carrollton and transfer to the green line to Greenbelt, exit at College Park.
- From the College Park Metro Station to on-campus:
- The University's free metro shuttle (a red bus) can drop you off at the student union (ID is not required on this route).
- There are also cabs at the metro stop (but they don't take credit cards).
- Or you can transfer to an F8 (to White Flint) or C8 (to Silver Spring) metrobus, which will pass the workshop hotel.
- For these and other trips, the metro trip planner can help with cheap transportation planning; the University is in Prince George's county.
The reception will be at Corduroy, 7:00-9:00pm on the first day.
1122 9th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Map with driving directions
Getting to the reception by MetroWe will be providing all attendees with Metro Farecards to cover roundtrip travel between UMD and the reception venue.
- Take a shuttle to the College Park Metro Station:
- There is a bus stop immediately outside Stamp Student Union; take the UMD 104 shuttle.
- Alternatively, the UMUC Marriott has shuttle service which will take you to the Metro station.
- Take either the Green line (to Branch Avenue) or the Yellow line (to Huntington or to Franconia-Springfield).
- Get off at the Mt. Vernon Square Metro stop.
- From here, it's about a 1.5 block walk: Walk under the covered walkway along M St NW and turn left onto 9th; the restaurant will be on your right.