International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements, and should plan travel well in advance. All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM headquarters.
As part of the visa application process, you may be required to include a visa support letter. To request a visa support letter, register for the workshop and then email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the event you wish to attend (“ACM HotNets 2016”)
- Your registration confirmation number
- If you have a paper accepted for the workshop, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”
Visa support letter requests are answered in the order they are received. You will receive a PDF letter by email within 4-5 business days. Please note we do not fax visa support letters. The PDF serves as a signed electronic version of the original letter which will be mailed to your current mailing address. If you do not receive the letter by post mail on time for your visa appointment, please print out your PDF letter and take it with you.
Please note that visa support letters will only be sent to participants who have registered and paid for the workshop. Should participants withdraw from the workshop after the issue of a visa support letter, the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.