ACM e-Energy 2016 Travel Grants
The travel grants are meant to mainly support graduate students and post-doctoral students attending E-Energy. The number of travel grants and the size of individual grants is determined by the type of attendee (paper or poster presenter), the travel needs of the attendees, and at the amount available.
Travel grant awards are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating in e-Energy 2016. This includes but is not limited to:
- Air Fare
- Other travel costs
- Daily expenses
Grant Value and Claim Process
- Grants for attendees from outside North America is fixed at USD 1000.
- Grants for attendees from within North America is fixed at USD 500.
EligibilityWe will apply the following eligibility criteria:
- applicants must be full-time graduate students or post-docs studying or working at established universities.
- submit an application that provides strong reasons for attending e-Energy if the applicant is not presenting a paper. This may be evidenced by publications, research projects and support from the supervisor.
We will apply the following priority order (descending) in considering applications for grants:
- authors of a regular paper accepted at the conference. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
- authors of poster/demo/challenge/workshop papers. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
May 17, 2016 (23:59 PST)
Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline
May 20, 2016
Travel Grant Award Notification
Where and How to Apply
All application materials (applicant’s info, CV and and letters) should be submitted electronically to this website. The applicants need to prepare an up-to-date CV to be submitted as a zip file. They will also be required to answer a few questions about the reasons for requesting funds.
Important: Applicants should also notify their supervisor or line manager that they will be contacted to provide a Letter of Support.
The supervisor’s letter should be clearly divided in the following sections:
- explain why the applicant would benefit from attending e-Energy as well as how he/she could contribute to the conference; and
- explain the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.