Paper Submission Guidelines
Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not under consideration at another conference or journal. Compliance with the 12 pages, 10pts ACM SIGCOMM format will be strictly enforced. Electronic proceedings will be published by ACM, and the best papers forwarded to the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking for possible fast-track publication.
To submit papers to the ACM CoNEXT 2011 conference, please read the formatting guidelines provided on this page and make sure that your submission complies with these requirements. Then go to the paper submission site and:
- Register your paper, with abstract, by Friday June 10, 2011 19:00:00 EDT (Registration of papers is mandatory).
- Submit your paper (PDF only) by Friday June 17, 2011 19:00:00 EDT
In case of problems with the paper submission site, please contact Constantine Dovrolis.
All submissions must adhere to the format and size constraints indicated below. Your goal as an author is to produce a concise submission within these constraints. Please refrain from exceeding these limits. Longer submissions and/or papers with modified margins or fonts will not be reviewed. CoNEXT does NOT use a double-blind reviewing process. The submitted papers should include author names and affiliations.
We use an automatic tool to verify that your submitted paper does not violate the following guidelines. This automated DF-checker tool is integrated into our web conference management system. After you upload your paper, you can use it yourself. The tool will tell you whether or not you pass a variety of checks. If you fail the basic tests, please correct your paper and upload a new version. This tool will be used as a guideline to identify non-conforming papers. No paper will be rejected due to format violations without being hand checked first.
- Submissions MUST be no more than twelve (12) pages in 10 point Times Roman (or equivalent font). This length includes everything: figures, tables, references, appendices and so forth.
- Submissions MUST follow ACM guidelines: double column, with each column 9.25” by 3.33”, 0.33” space between columns.
- NOTE: For the submission, you are strongly encouraged to use the modified 10pt ACM SIG-alternate latex template available here.
- Provide an abstract of fewer than 200 words.
- Number the pages.
- On the front page, indicate the authors’ names and affiliation and the paper ID number assigned during the paper registration process and the total number of pages in the submission.
- The paper MUST be submitted in PDF format. Other formats (including Postscript) will not be accepted. We must be able to display and print your submission exactly as we receive it, using only standard tools (Adobe Acrobat Reader), with no loading of special fonts.
- Make sure that the paper prints well on black and white printers, not color printers. This is especially true for plots and graphs in the paper.
- Make sure that the output has been formatted for printing on LETTER (8.5” by 11”) size paper.
- Make sure that symbols and labels used in the graphs are readable when printed, and not only with a 20x on-screen magnification.
- Try to limit the file size to less than 15 MB.