This year, as in years past, the Conference Organizing Committee is working
hard to provide as much travel support as possible. Attendees from around
the world are encouraged to apply.
Support is provided for a variety of different types of attendees, from
students to post-doctoral scholars. The amount of support depends on the
type of attendee and available funding. Please note that travel grant
awards are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating
in SOSR 2017, and can be used only to reimburse air travel, hotel, and
Where and How to Apply:
We will process (and accept or deny) applications on a rolling basis,
in approximately weekly batches, until our travel funds are depleted.
Apply for a travel grant now
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- Preference will be given to applicants that do not present a paper in the conference. The rationale for this criterion is that the participation costs for a presenting author should be covered by their home institution.
- Students presenting posters and demos are encouraged to apply though. The rationale is to support the participation of students who do not present papers but contribute to the conference in other ways.
- Evidence of a serious interest in networking, as demonstrated by coursework and/or project experience, will be required. Advanced students close to graduation or in the job market will also be given priority, when possible.
- We also encourage participation of women and under-represented minorities. Special attention will be given to applicants from minority-serving institutions.
- After giving priority to the above criteria, (co-)authors of papers may be considered but will be given lower priority. The rationale is to support people that contribute to the conference and cannot attend otherwise due to budget or other constraints