IMC 2018 will provide lunch every day and will feature two evening social events, the reception on the first day and the banquet on the second day.
Lunch every day - 12:30PM-02:00PM
Lunches will take place on campus, in the Curry Student Center Ballroom, which is located on the second floor of the Curry Student Center (CSC). CSC is the building number 50 on this map, easily reachable by foot from the conference venue (building 82, East Village).
Reception and Posters October 31, 2018 - 06:00PM-07:30PM
The reception and the poster session will take place on campus, in the first floor atrium of the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex (ISEC). ISEC is the building number 83 on this map, also reachable by foot from the conference venue (building 82, East Village).
Banquet November 1, 2018 - 06:00PM-10:00PM
The banquet will take place at the New England Aquarium (address: 1 Central Wharf, Boston).
The banquet schedule is the following:
- 6PM-7PM - Cocktail reception
- 7PM-10PM - Dinner
To reach the New England Aquarium from the conference venue you have the following options:
- Taxi or ride-hailing apps (Uber or Lyft), 20-40 minutes (highly variable because of rush hour traffic). You can find a more updated estimate of the trip duration on Google Maps.
- Public transportation (option 1). Go to the Massachusetts Ave Orange Line T station, take an inbound train to Oak Grove, after 5 stops get off at the State Street station. Transfer to the Blue Line and take a train to Wonderland. After one stop, get off at the Aquarium station. It is also possible to just walk 8 minutes on State street instead of using the Blue Line. Expected trip duration: 25-30 minutes.
- Public transportation (option 2). Go to the Northeastern University Green Line T station, take an inbound train to Lechmere (trains to Government Center and North Station are also fine, do not take outbound trains or inbound trains to Park street), after 7 stops get off at the Government Center station. Transfer to the Blue Line and take a train to Wonderland. After two stops, get off at the Aquarium station. Expected trip duration: 25-30 minutes.
- You can also find updated real time public transportation directions on Google Maps.
For more information on how to get around in Boston, you can visit our travel information page.