With the support from NSF, HotNets-VI is pleased to announce that it will be making a limited number of travel grants to graduate students to attend the workshop. The student travel grant is open to any graduate student that is enrolled at a US university. An award includes an invitation for those who are not otherwise invited.
How to Apply
Applications and support letters should be mailed to email@example.com. The application deadline is Oct 22, 2007. Applicants will be notified of the decision no later than Oct 28, 2007.
An application for a travel award will consist of the student's vita, a letter from the student and a letter from the student's advisor. The letter from the student should indicate why the student believes he or she would benefit from attending the HotNets workshop. The student's letter should include
- a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- whether this student has submitted a paper to HotNets'07 (please mention title and co-authors);
- why attendance at the workshop is important to this student; and
- whether this student is interested in scribing at the workshop.
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the same email address, indicating why the advisor believes the student would benefit from attending the conference and confirming that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing. This letter should include
- the advisor's view on the suitability of the workshop program material to the student's research area;
- ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the workshop; and
- the advisor's opinion about the strengths and potential contributions of the student.
What the Grant covers
Each grant has a maximum amount to be reimbursed. The amount is intended to cover the student's travel (economy airfare), food and lodging for two nights (double occupancy), and registration fee for the workshop. It is the student's responsibility for expenses in excess of the grant amount. ACM HotNets will only reimburse up to the approved amount.
Please note that the reimbursement process can take up to 2-3 months.
The applications will be evaluated by a committee that consists of the HotNets'07 Steering Committee, Program Chairs and the General Chair.
A goal of the travel grant program is to encourage participation in
the HotNets workshop by students that would normally find it difficult
to attend. Criteria will include evidence of a serious interest in
networking, as demonstrated by coursework and/or project
experience. We encourage participation of women and under-represented