ACM SIGCOMM 2015 Call For Workshop Proposals
SIGCOMM 2015 is soliciting proposals for new and recurring workshops. SIGCOMM 2015 will hold multiple one-day workshops in conjunction with the conference, to be held in London from August 17–21, 2015. Workshops will take place on Monday, August 17 and Friday, August 21.
We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any topic related to the broad set of research and application areas covered by SIGCOMM. We welcome workshops on topics in network research, practice, and education. The workshop format itself should favor interaction among participants and community building. We welcome returning workshops.
A workshop proposal should contain at least the following information:
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop.
- A draft Call for Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
- The workshop deadlines, both internal and external. See below for guidelines on important external guidelines.
- Names and affiliations of the main organizers. Include a tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible). Please indicate whether prospective TPC members have been contacted, and whether they have accepted the invitation.
- Workshop format, including expected number of presented papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, etc.
- Expected number of participants and the expected number of submissions (if appropriate).
- Prior history of this workshop, if any, including number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and attendee count. If the workshop was co-located with another conference please include details and a brief description why SIGCOMM is a more appropriate venue.
- A list of people whom you have solicited (or plan to solicit) to participate at the workshop. If the workshop is interdisciplinary, please provide details about your plans to advertise to other communities and how you intend to encourage participation at the workshop.
- If appropriate, a brief explanation of how the workshop relates to other workshops and conferences on similar topics.
Submit proposals to http://conferences.noise.gatech.edu/SIGCOMM2015-Workshop/
Oct 10, 2014
Workshop proposals due
Oct 17, 2014
Notification of acceptance
Nov 14, 2014
Workshop Call For Papers due
Note that there are only four weeks between the notification and the final CFP. Thus, we reiterate that you contact your workshop’s potential PC members before submitting the proposal.
Additional Important Dates
Paper submissions deadline
Paper acceptance notifications
Camera ready due
Program and organisation details available
In order for the workshops to be synchronized with preparations for the main conference and with travel grants, the dates above must be followed strictly by all workshops. Please contact the SIGCOMM 2015 Workshop co-chairs (Nick Feamster and Renata Teixeira) with any questions.