Call for Tutorials
Following the success of the tutorials presented in previous editions of the ACM ICN conference, the organization committee of the 2019 edition solicits proposals for half- or full-day tutorials. We seek to extend the ACM ICN experience through tutorials on selected topics of critical importance to the ICN research, given by renowned researchers, as well as through collaboration between ICN researchers and experts in other domains and application areas. Tutorials may consist of lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. We expect that tutorials are didactic in nature. Exploring the application of ICN to address modern application challenges, diverse ways of interacting with the audience, and cross-disciplinary topics are especially welcome.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format, not exceeding three (3) pages in total, and sent to the tutorial chair.
Proposals must include:
- Motivation for the tutorial (why this, why now, why at ICN 2019?).
- Reference to the knowledge that the audience should expect to gather with the tutorial.
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule.
- The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on).
- References to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable) including their date, venue, topics and number of participants, and the motivation for this new proposal.
- Requirements for the tutorial room (please note that our capabilities in fulfilling unusual requests are limited).
- Requirements for the attendees (e.g., must bring own laptop or other hardware, familiarity with certain technologies or topics, etc.).
- Any other limitations (e.g., number of participants).
- Detailed biographies of the trainers (not part of the page limit).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a tutorial proposal, either the tutorial chair or the tutorial speakers can request a cancellation of the tutorial if there is clear evidence indicating low attendance of the tutorial by the early registration deadline.
Please contact the tutorial chair, if you have questions about your proposal.
June 1, 2019
June 22, 2019
Notification of Acceptance