ACM e-Energy 2017 Travel Grants
The travel grants are meant to mainly support graduate students and post-doctoral students attending e-Energy. The number of travel grants and the size of individual grants is determined by the type of attendee (paper or poster presenter), the travel needs of the attendees, and at the amount available.
Travel grant awards are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating in e-Energy 2017. This includes but is not limited to:
- Other travel costs
- Daily expenses
Grant Value and Claim Process
- Grants for attendees from outside Asia is fixed at USD $1000.
- Grants for attendees from within Asia is fixed at USD $500.
Award recipients would need to pay for expenses ahead of time and get reimbursed after the conference by way of the award.
We will apply the following eligibility criteria:
- applicants must be full-time graduate students or post-docs studying or working at established universities.
- submit an application that provides strong reasons for attending e-Energy if the applicant is not presenting a paper. This may be evidenced by publications, research projects and support from the supervisor.
We will apply the following priority order (descending) in considering applications for grants:
- authors of a regular paper accepted at the conference. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
- authors of poster/demo/challenge/workshop papers. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
May 5, 2017 (23:59 PST)
Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline
May 12, 2017
Travel Grant Award Notification
How to Apply
An applicant should submit the travel grant application via email to email@example.com with subject “e-Energy17 Travel Grant Application - [Name of applicant]”. In the email, the applicant should indicate (a) his or her affiliation (i.e., name of the university), (b) status (e.g., MASc student, PhD student, postdoctoral fellow), (c) the title of his/her accepted paper, (d) whether the paper is accepted in the main conference or as a workshop paper, (e) whether he or she is the first author and presenter, and (f) explain the reasons for requesting the fund. An applicant should also attach his/her CV in the email.
Furthermore, an applicant should notify his/her supervisor. The supervisor is required to submit a reference letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “e-Energy17 Travel Grant Ref Letter - [Name of applicant]”. The supervisor’s letter should include the following paragraphs:
- explain how the applicant can benefit from attending e-Energy as well as how he/she could contribute to the conference; and
- explain the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.
The email from the applicant and supervisor should be received by May 5, 2017 (23:59 PST).