Call For Proposals: ACM SIGCOMM 2010 Workshops
SIGCOMM 2010 will hold multiple one-day workshops in conjunction with the
conference, to be held in New Delhi, India, August 30 to September 3, 2010.
Workshops will take place on Monday August 30 and Friday September 3.
We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any topic related to the broad
set of research and application areas covered the by SIGCOMM conference and
SIG. Proposals on emerging topics guaranteed to generate significant interest
in the community will be selected. SIGCOMM 2010 will have some returning and
some new workshops.
A workshop proposal should contain at least the following information:
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop
- A draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible
- The workshop deadlines (internal and external)
- Names and affiliations of main organizers and tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible)
- Workshop format, i.e., expected number of presented papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, etc.
- Expected number of submissions and participants
- Prior history of this workshop, if any, including number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and attendee count. If the workshop was co-located with another conference please include details and a brief description why SIGCOMM is a more appropriate venue.
Note that workshop format itself should favor interaction among
participants as well as community building.
Email proposals by Tuesday November 3, 2009 in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important workshop dates
Workshop proposals due Tuesday November 3, 2009
Notification of Acceptance Wednesday November 25, 2009
Workshop Call for Papers due Friday December 11, 2009
Please not that there are only three weeks between the notification and the
final CFP. Therefore, we encourage you to contact your potential PC before
submitting the proposal.
Additional important workshops dates
|Paper submissions deadline ||before March 20, 2010|
|Paper accept notifications||before April 23, 2010|
|Camera ready due||before end of May, 2010|
|Program available online||before mid-June, 2010|
|List of organization details||before mid-June, 2010|
In order for the workshops to be synchronized with preparations for the main
conference and with travel grants, the dates above must be followed strictly by
all workshops. Please contact the SIGCOMM 2010 Workshop chairs (Christophe Diot
and Jim Kurose) with any questions.