Bangalore, officially known as Bengaluru, is the third largest city in India and is the center of India’s fifth-largest metropolitan area. Located in southern India on the Deccan Plateau, it is the capital of the southern Indian state of Karnataka. Bangalore is known as the “Silicon Valley of India” because of its role as the nation’s leading information technology (IT) exporter. Located at a height of over 3,000 feet (914.4 m) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year. Its elevation is the highest among the major large cities of India.
Read more about Bangalore on Wikipedia, places to visit in the city, hill stations and trekking places around the city, and restaurants.
Bangalore Airport Facility
Bengaluru (Bangalore) Airport At the Bengaluru International Airport, your convenience is a matter of priority. To ensure you have a safe and comfortable experience at the airport, the authorities have put together a host of services and essential facilities. These are located across the two floors of our airport. Please use the maps provided below to locate the facility or service you may wish to use. You can also approach the friendly staff at the airport for more help.
Arrival at Bengaluru (Bangalore) Airport Domestic & International Arrivals: Procedures and Services:
At Bengaluru International Airport, access to Baggage Claim is either through the bus gates or aerobridges. The claim area is on the ground floor of the Terminal Building. Bus gate passengers reach the area directly whereas passengers using the aerobridge arrival will come from the first floor to the ground floor. At the Baggage Claim area, an airport staff member will be there to assist you.(Bus gate means those being carried from the aircraft to the arrival lounge by bus provided by the airlines.)
The arrival lounge has dedicated conveyor belts to serve domestic and international passengers. A Flight Information Display System (TV Screen) will assist and guide you with coordinated information on respective flight and belt details.
Once you claim your baggage, please proceed to the designated Arrival Gates which leads you to the Arrival Hall. For further assistance, please contact our designated Information Desk, where staff are available for round-the-clock service.
We advise you to read the time taken for Baggage Claim at Bengaluru International Airport. (The approximate time for baggage arrival is anywhere from 7 to 45 minutes. Time indicated below includes the entire process from disembarking the aircraft to reaching transport points).
- Aircraft to Terminal: 12 minutes
- Terminal to Baggage Belt: 5 minutes
- Baggage Belt to Exit: 2 minutes
- Exit to Transport Points: 2 minutes
International Passengers please note that:
- On arriving at Bengaluru International Airport, you must fill in your respective immigration form.
- You must carry relevant vaccination certificates, if any.
Immigration process at Bengaluru International Airport
All arriving passengers are to first report to one of the 18 Immigration Counters, which aid you in completing formalities as per requirement. The approximate time taken for Immigration check is about 7 minutes.
Customs rules and regulations:
- Only one (1) laptop is allowed per passenger.
- Each passenger can carry upto 2 litres of liquor/ alcohol.
- Each passenger can carry electronic goods valued at less than Rs.25,000.
Remaining rules and procedures are governed as laid by the customs authorities.
One can use any of the transport services from the ones given below to reach the venue or place or residence. Each operator will have their counters with a representative who will provide assistance 24 hours a day.
AC Radio Taxi Services: Air-conditioned cabs operated by Govt of India authorized private vendors are available at the arrival gate. They are safe and courteous and run on meter. The names and telephone number of the various agencies are given below.
- Meru Cabs: 080-4422-4422
- Ola Cabs: 080-3355-3355
- CelCabs: 080- 6060-9090
- EasyCabs: 080-4343-4343
- MegaCabs: 080-4747-4747
- KSTDC Taxi: 080-4346-4346
- SGL Tours and Travels: 080-4299-4399
- Savaari: +91 93585-85237
- TaxiGuide: +91 80-4130-7024 / +91 80-2654-4885 / +91 9632077772 / +91 9840335511
Airport to City AC Taxi fares and payment procedures
- Flag down fare (first 4 kms): Rs. 80
- Every subsequent kilometer: Rs. 19.5
- Waiting charges: No charge for the first 20 minutes
- Waiting charge for next every 15 minutes or part thereof: Rs. 10
- Luggage charges: No charges for the first 120 Kgs.(Suitcase,Bedding etc.,) and Rs 5/- for every additional 20 Kgs. or part thereof
- Night charges: From midnight 12 O’clock to morning 6 AM ten percent extra on the above fare
Passengers must make their payment at the end of their journey and collect a printed electronic receipt. Payment can be made through cash, credit card or debit card. Rates are charged based on the distance traveled.
A travel by these AC cabs to Bangalore City takes approximately 1 to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on traffic condition.
How to reach The Chancery Pavilion Hotel, The Conference VenueFrom : Bengaluru International Airport
To : The Chancery Pavilion, FM Cariappa Rd (Residency Road), Bangalore, Karnataka 560025
Travel Time :
- During Non office hours traffic : 47 mins
- During office hour traffic: 1 hour 0 mins
- Distance : 35.7 km
The best route is to travel via Mekhri Circle, Criket Stadium and Lavelle Road, which directly brings you to Residency Road. Chancery Pavilion is just at the beginning of Residency Road to your right.