ACM e-Energy 2015 Travel Grants
The Conference Organizing Committee would like to provide as much travel support to as many conference attendees as possible. Support is provided for a variety of different types of attendees, from graduate students to post-doctoral scholars. The amount of support depends on the type of attendee and available funding. Attendees from around the world are encouraged to apply. Support for e-Energy 2015 travel grants will be available to students, and post-docs, no matter which university you are working at.
Please consider the following important information before applying:
- The application process is the same for all types of attendees, and is described below.
- Travel grant awards are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating in e-Energy 2015.
- Flat grants of $1000 and $500 will be offered to international (whose home institution is outside India) and local attendees respectively.
- Award recipients would need to pay for expenses ahead of time and get reimbursed after the conference by way of the award.
- The exact number of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- First preference will be given to applicants who have a regular paper accepted at the conference. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
- Second preference will be given to applicants with poster/demo/challenge/workshop papers. Only one author per paper will be given this preference.
- Third preference will be given to researchers who do not have any accepted submissions. However, they must have demonstrated serious interest in the energy domain through coursework and/or project experience.
- Advanced students close to graduation or in the job market will also be given priority, when possible.
- The applicants must be full-time graduate students or post-docs studying or working at established universities.
- The applicants must register paying the student-registration fee and attend the e-Energy main conference to get the grant.
- Applicants should have serious interest in energy research and demonstrate his/her potential of being an active researcher in the field. This will be demonstrated by research projects, publications, and recommendation letters from their advisors.
AwardOn the last day of the conference, the travel award winners will receive the grant checks. In addition, the travel award winners will receive Certificates of Recognition presented at the e-Energy 2015 banquet dinner.
- International award recipients (whose home institution is outside India) will $1000.
- Domestic award recipients (whose home institution is within India) will receive $500.
Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline
May 10, 2015 (23:59 EDT)
Travel Grant Award Notification
May 17, 2015 (23:59 EDT)
Where and How to Apply
All application materials (applicant’s info, CV and and letters) should be submitted electronically to the following website http://tiny.cc/eEnergy15TG.
The applicant needs to prepare:
- an up-to-date CV
- an application letter, and
- a letter from their supervisor (Ph.D. adviser for students, Ph.D or postdoc adviser for postdocs).
The applicant’s letter should be clearly divided in the following sections:
- an explicit identification of (a) the applicant’s current country of study or work, (b) academic status (student, postdoc), (c) graduation or completion date.
- the title of the paper that has been accepted to the e-energy conference/workshop;
- a brief summary of where the applicant is studying/working (provide a URL for a home page if one exists) and who the applicant’s advisor/supervisor is; any additional information the applicant feels is relevant to support their case;
- a brief summary of research interests and plans for future research; and
- why the conference attendance is important to the applicant’s research
- a cost estimate of the trip, listing the cost of airfare, hotel, and the source of any price quote.
The supervisor’s letter should be clearly divided in the following sections:
- the applicant’s good standing in the institution;
- explain why the applicant would benefit from attending e-Energy as well as how he/she could contribute to the conference; and
- explain the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.
Supervisor letters will be requested by email. Applicant is requested to provide their referee’s current email address.
(Adapted with thanks from http://conferences.e-Energy.org/e-Energy/2014/travelgrants.php)