All non-Indian-citizens are required to have an Indian visa to enter the country. Allow yourself sufficient time (say 2-3 weeks) to procure an appropriate visa from your nearest Indian consulate. There are several Indian consulates worldwide (http://www.embassyconsulates.com/india-embassy/india1.html). Indian consulates in the continental US (http://www.indianembassy.org) are located in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Houston, and San Francisco. Please visit this site for more information including an online copy of the application form for Indian visa.
Please carry a copy of the DeitY, India, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), India and Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), India approval letters when applying for a visa to india. Click here to download the letters.
The invitation letters will be issued ONLY to those attendees who have completed the registration process.
Attendees who are either stateless or of Pakistani origin or citizens of any one of the following six countries require additional approvals from the Indian Ministry of External Affairs and the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs:
Visa Request Process
Over the past several years the obtaining of a visa has become more complex requiring more attention, energy and time. Additionally, embassies have different requirements. Some may request:
- A letter from the organisers verifying intentions of conference participant.
- Confirmation that the paper was accepted.
- A receipt that conference fees have been paid in full.
- Appearance or interview by conference participant.
As a result of these requirements by some embassies, we encourage attendees to apply well in advance. Letters of “Invitation” will be issued to:
- Keynote speakers, presenters, panelists.
- Any organizing committee member.
- Conference participant who has paid their registration fee.
Forward your requests to Mrs. Chandrika Sridhar, at email@example.com. Please provide following information while contacting Mrs. Chandrika, if you have not already done.
- Full name, as in your passport
- Father/spouse’s name
- Date of birth in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Place of birth
- Passport number
- Date of issue of passport, in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Place of issue of passport
- Date of expiry of passport, in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Full address, as in passport
- Phone number, including country code